European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
– Has practical and independent work skills in responsible use, retrieval, processing and development of information.
– Is able to use different methods and technologies for solving problems and performing tasks.
– Is able to work independently and in a team.
– Is able to participate in various forms of communication, solving problem situations, formulating judgments and giving reasons.
– Is able to build a career in the science fields of interest according to their abilities, interests and society development trends.
– Is able to use acquired knowledge and skills in various scientific fields daily, in standard and non-standard situations.
– Has a co-responsible attitude towards ensuring sustainable development of society.
– Has an understanding of the role of civil participation in society and state building, the role of rule of law in relations between countries and individuals.
– Is able to build their own life and relationships in society in a responsible and respectful way of ethical values.
– Is able to use the Latvian literary language in communication, lifelong learning and intercultural dialogue.
– Is able to use foreign language knowledge and skills in the context of social cultures to obtain, select and pass on information.
– Understands historical processes of Latvia, Europe and the world.
– Is able to participate in cultural processes of Latvia and the world.
– Understands the value of a healthy lifestyle.
– Is motivated to respect the principles of emotional, mental and physical well-being.
– Is able to self-improve and continue learning.
– Is able to carefully plan work, solutions and results according to abilities and situation.
– Is able to implement the planned.
– Is able to supervise work and actions of others, assuming responsibility for quality and quantity of the results.
Basic Programmes (001)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Basic programmes and qualifications (0011)Education
Secondary educationQualification type
GeneralFull or partial