European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
To master courses in pedagogy, psychology, didactics and in the fields of science of the chosen qualifications;
– to learn and acquire practical skills of the chosen qualifications teacher during pedagogical practice (26 credit points);
– to pass State examination which includes state exam (2 credit points), and written and defended diploma paper (10 credit points) – a practical research with theoretical and practical part where research methods, research results, its analysis and conclusions are presented.
The aim of the Program is to educate qualified teachers being able to teach students in two school subjects in educational institutions of the Republic of Latvia as well as provide the would-be-teachers with the opportunity to acquire the required competences and qualifications of the Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
The main objectives to reach the aim are:
– To create the conditions for the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the teachers to carry out educational programs according to the State Standards of Education;
– To provide opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in teaching practice, thus, facilitating the improvement of students’ skills in organisation and evaluation of the teaching/learning process;
– To involve students in applied research, thus, developing their research skills according to the methodology of the respective science;
– To develop pedagogical and methodological competences to participate in sustaining national culture and traditions;
– To facilitate the development of creative and responsible personality motivated for lifelong learning;
– To provide possibilities for students to continue studies for Master’s degree in Latvia as well as abroad.
Successfully completing the study program (160 CP), defending the Diploma Paper in the first qualification and passing the qualification exam in the second specialisation, the student receives the Professional Bachelor’s degree in Education and two professional teacher’s qualifications.
The graduators are competitive teachers who have:
Professional competences necessary for professional work;
– The skills required to achieve objectives of professional work;
– The knowledge necessary to carry out professional work.
The graduator who has successfully mastered the program will think strategically and analytically thus being able to solve pedagogical, psychological and social problems and will be able to prepare young people for life and work in society of information technologies thus facilitating the development of sustainable environment.
Upon the completion of the study program, the students will:
– understand the cognitive and socio-emotional development of children and adolescence;
– understand the link of various cognitive processes (perception, memory, attention, logical thinking) with learning process;
– be able to notice and identify the potential problems in children’s cognitive and socio-emotional development and provide solutions cooperating with other professionals (psychologists, social pedagogues, etc);
– understand and facilitate learners’ inquisitiveness; learning motivation; creativity and active involvement in learning process;
– be able to communicate and involve learners of mixed abilities, various interests and experience in learning process and communication with other students;
– be able to discuss topicalities in education and their professional work with learners of various other contexts and audiences Environment;
– understand cultural and contextual differences;
– demonstrate social skills and emotional intelligence;
– be able to reflect and evaluate own professionalism, work, values, convictions and behaviour;
– be able to analyse educational concepts, theories and topicalities in educational policies;
– understand personal ethical responsibility for the potential impact of teacher’s professional work on relationships in the society encouraging changes and transformation in education and society.
Education (011)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Teacher training with subject specialization (0114)Education
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial