European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
Aim of the study programme:
– to provide qualitative and competitive inter-branch professional higher education in the field of environment by creating circumstances for acquisition of theoretical knowledge in environmental sciences and sub-branches thereof, acquisition of qualification and development of research skills and abilities in one of the directions – management of the environment or environment engineering.
Results of studies:
– acquired theoretical knowledge in the field of environment, management and information technologies as well as practical skills for working with modern scientific devices, measuring equipment and products of information technologies;
– ability to analyse and evaluate environment quality, to plan environment management and engineering and technical works in the field of environment protection and renewable energy resources, to control implementation thereof and to estimate efficiency according to the profession standard requirements;
– acquired organization skills for management of structural units and competent to choose modern management methods and to promote sustainable development;
– acquired research work skills and professional competencies to give recommendations in the field of environment protection, application of technologies and natural resources;
– understanding of basic engineering issues in the field of renewable energy resources;
– ability to plan engineering and technical events for reducing climate changes in the field of environment protection;
– ability to elaborate and implement engineering and technical environment protection projects as well as environment preservation technologies;
– ability to professionally use environment protection technologies.
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
1.2. climatology, hydrology and meteorology;
1.3. experimental ecology;
1.4. human ecology;
1.5. electronics and electrical engineering;
1.6. environmental law.
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of understanding:
2.1. chemistry and biochemistry;
2.2. physics cycle sciences;
2.3. flow mechanics and hydraulics;
2.4. thermodynamics and heating equipment;
2.5. theoretical mechanics and strength of materials;
2.6. ecology of protected natural objects;
2.7. radio ecology;
2.9. natural resource extraction and processing technologies;
2.12. environmental policy;
2.13. professional terminology in the official language and at least two foreign languages.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. mathematics, mathematical modelling methods and information technology uses in the engineer sciences;
3.3. geology basics, engineer geology and hydro geology;
3.4. ground mechanics;
3.5. geodesy, digital cartography, geographical information systems;
3.6. descriptive geometry and engineer graphics;
3.7. environmental friendly technological processes and their projections;
3.8. chemical technologies;
3.9. eco technologies;
3.10. energy technologies and their processes;
3.11. air and gas cleaning technologies;
3.12. water supply and canalisation systems, wastewater cleaning tools and technologies;
3.13. transport effects on the environment, processes;
3.14. city and rural environment protection methods;
3.15. environment safe objects projection and technology;
3.16. domestic and hazardous waste management;
3.17. natural resource evaluation, uses and management;
3.18. territorial planning, degraded territory renovation and recultivation;
3.19. economics basics and environmental economics;
3.20. environment condition quality evaluation and environmental monitoring;
3.21. ecological risk management;
3.22. renewable and alternate energy theories;
3.23. wind, sun, hydro energy, geothermal energy, biomass energy resource exploitation technics and technologies;
3.24. catastrophe theory;
3.25. natural and technogenic emergency situations, accidents and catastrophes;
3.26. anthropogenic physical field processes (electrical, electro magnetical, radiation, thermal, mechanical);
3.27. scientific research methods;
3.28. presentation skills;
3.29. information technologies and software;
3.30. management of environmental protection projects;
3.31. official language;
3.32. two foreign languages at the professional terminology and communication level.
3.33. civil and labor protection;
3.34. legal employment relationship;
3.35. principles of professional and general ethics.
1. To use sustainable development principles in the analysis and improvement of environment engineer technical measures.
2. To evaluate conditions in the field of environmental quality and pollution, to control the changes.
3. To work with environment quality characterizing indicators data bases.
4. To perform mathematical analysis and prediction of the environment quality change.
5. To perform economical evaluation of the environment degradation and environment restoration processes.
6. To use national and European Union laws and regulations in the environment and labor safety field to evaluate specific processes and situations.
7. To use international environment standards ISO 14000 and European Union Environment management and audit system EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) for the environment managing system management in the company, to plan and perform environment safety measures in the company.
8. To take part in the performance and realization of the project connected to the environment safety.
9. To use information technologies and software applications to analyze environment processes.
10. To perform ecological risk analysis, to evaluate the level of environment accident risks and to provide related recommendations for prevention and consequence liquidation.
11. To identify environment pollution sources and to evaluate their risk stages, to develop environment protection measure plans.
12. To perform environment protection system engineer technical and economical calculations of the structures and tools, technologies, environment control and monitoring, to justify optimal alternatives.
13. To develop, project and provide ecologically safe, environmentally friendly technologies, structures, technics and aggregates.
14. To develop waste management ,incl. regeneration, technologies.
15. To be able to work in a team (group) and lead subordinated employees, to plan tasks and to determine priorities.
16. To perform work individually.
17. To use information search and selection means.
18. To raise own qualification systematically, to improve knowledge and skills, including about environmental project performance, development, project cycles, financing available for environmental project performance, normative acts in these processes, evaluating procedures about effects on the environment.
19. To prepare public presentation materials, to organize and lead seminars and other arrangements.
20. To persuade others and to express own opinion argumentatively.
21. To draw up business documents.
22. To adhere to the principles of professional and general ethics.
23. To observe occupational safety requirements.
24. To know the official language.
25. To speak in at least to foreign languages at the communicative and professional terminology level.
26. To meet the requirements of employment relationship.
1. Ability to analyze and evaluate information regarding environmental quality, its changes and persistence.
2. Ability to plan and organize engineer technical measures in the environment protection field.
3. Ability to choose and justify uses of necessary engineer technical methods in the environment protection field.
4. Ability to evaluate the amount of environment protection engineer technical measures, its economical effectiveness, to choose and justify optimal alternatives.
5. Ability to perform environment engineer technical protection and environmental technology projects, to control and lead their performance, results and quality, to organize the check of environment protection objects.
6. Ability to perform environment project technical calculations (parameters, regimes and activity effectiveness indicators), to choose necessary equipment, technological tools, helping tools, also to provide non-technical solutions.
7. Ability to develop and realize water management engineer technical measures in the city and rural environment.
8. Ability to provide environment technological equipment exploitation, to control, optimise and regulate their performance process.
9. Ability to develop and improve natural material and energetic resource acquisition and environmental friendly recycling technologies.
10. Ability to evaluate the possible risks of chemical substances, products and materials used and arising in the manufacturing process to environment and human.
11. Ability to develop recommendations to optimize technological regimes and to minimize environment affecting parameters to prevent pollution and to delimit its development.
12. Ability to develop and perform measure plans for restoration of the degraded theory (to know polluted and possible polluted territories, to evaluate restoration methods, to perform engineer technical calculations for recultivation).
13. Ability to develop and realize waste management engineer technical measures (to analyze and evaluate waste amount, consistence, structure, parameters, features, changes, to determine waste collecting and further recycling alternatives).
14. Ability to perform water, air and soil pollution records and to evaluate qualitative and quantitative parameters of the pollution stages, to choose and justify water preparation, wastewater, air, soil treatment methods, technics and technologies.
15. Ability to plan work groups (collective) tasks and to organize their fulfilment.
16. Ability to control and optimize the process of environment protection technology performance, to evaluate acquired issues and to give recommendations in their prevention, to collect and give recommendations in work and quality improvement.
17. Ability to perform researches in the environment engineer technical protection field.
18. Ability to improve skills independently in the work with the latest information technologies.
19. Ability to perform the risk evaluation and event analysis, to act adequately in the problem situations and to make necessary decisions timely.
20. Ability to communicate in the official language and at least two foreign languages.
21. Ability to meet the requirements of employment relationship.
22. Ability to ensure compliance with the requirements of labour protection, fire safety and environmental protection.
Engineering and engineering trades (071)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Environmental protection technology (0712)Education
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial