European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
Graduates of the study program are able:
– to obtain knowledge and skills that conform to standards of the seventh level professional qualification “Engineer of physical technologies in medicine” and master degree in medical physics.
The student will be competitive in the changeable social and economic conditions and competitive in international labour market.
The program will provide alumni with the knowledge specific to the sphere of medical engineering and physics that provides possibility to produce original and improve existent systems, products and technologies and create scientific and educational work in the field of medical engineering and physics.
The program consists of the series of lectures, practical and laboratory studies, and practice.
While elaborating master thesis students master theoretical, technical, economical, humanitarian and social subjects that correspond to the field of the medical engineering and physics.
During their studies students develop:
1. theoretical knowledge in structure, physical and technical operation of medical equipment, machines and instruments, their manufacturing technology, utilization conditions and safety;
2. practical skills for work in medical institutions and companies – acquisition, installation, utilizing, regulation and quality control of medical engineering equipment;
3. ability to use theoretical knowledge and skills in practical work, development of technologies in medical engineering and physics;
4. knowledge to perform public activities in Latvia and in international collaboration, understanding of professional ethics and assessment of project influence on the environment and public.
Graduates will be motivated to continue education and systematically advance professional qualification.
Physical sciences (053)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial