European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of understanding :
2.1. basics of business;
2.3. professional pedagogy;
2.5. basics of product management;
2.6. materials, structures and methods of analysis;
2.7. applied mathematics in research planning, description, analysis, modelling, forecasting of results;
2.9. project management;
2.10. quality assurance and management;
2.11. professional terminology in the official language and at least two foreign languages.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. drawing and styling;
3.2. plane and spatial composition – tectonics;
3.3. history of design, craft, art, fashion and style;
3.4. style, image making methods and tools;
3.5. graphics software, specialized automated design systems, automated design and manufacturing control systems;
3.6. graphical analysis and display (development of idea sketches, preparation of detailed drawings-plans, three-dimensional (3D) visualization of objects, drawings of unrolling wall papers (2D));
3.7. object modelling and development of samples/work models and design testing;
3.8. colour theory, psychology, colour scheme;
3.9. ergonomic principles and compliance therewith;
3.10. product design (exclusive design in a limited number, serial (collection) type of production, mass production, custom made, adjusted/adapted (clothing, home textiles, wood, metal, composite and leather goods, furniture, etc.)) modelling, design and project execution;
3.11. presentation skills;
3.12. materials science (wood materials, leather, textiles and more modern materials);
3.13. advanced technology, product and process design within a specialized automated design and automated production control system environment;
3.14. material finishing and processing technologies (painting, printing, laser cutting, etc.);
3.15 first sample and limited edition production technology and equipment (production technology design);
3.16. product and service pricing calculation;
3.17. inter-communication (cooperation with trends experts, engineers, model makers, logistics specialists and marketing managers);
3.18. professional ethics (communication in work groups, with the client, with higher-level staff, the public);
3.19. official language;
3.20. at least two foreign languages at the communication level.
3.21. document management;
3.22. labour protection;
3.23. legal employment relationship;
3.24. environmental protection.
1. Ability to think creatively and independently, conduct research to develop product ideas, studying the needs of end-users and anticipating all experience-based design aspects – technology, material and fashion trends.
2. Ability to create a long-term product – new, functional, rational, cheaper to produce, easy and convenient to use, aesthetically high-quality in forms, colours and textures.
3. Ability to define design objectives and plan artistic design and construction work.
4. Ability to analyse and define the set of material, technical, functional, aesthetic and ergonomic characteristics of a product.
5. Ability to define requirements and necessary resources related to product design and implementation.
6. Ability to study supply and demand in the market, research and analyse usage options, select market segment/niche and establish characterization thereof.
7. Ability to use and understand materials of the sector, analyse their improvement and development trends, be able to use them at work.
8. Ability to understand the specifics of various manufacturers and complexity levels of product series design, be able to use necessary machines, equipment, tools and facilities.
9. Ability to determine product manufacturing (production) limits and select the optimal set of solutions (possible material usage and compatibility, as well as possible constructive solution variants).
10. Ability to develop sketches and digital three-dimensional visualization of conceptual solutions of products or product collection or series, as well as organize and carry out the development of models and samples.
11. Ability to present a project and coordinate it with the client (employer) and services responsible for the various stages of product development, prepare and conduct presentations, shows and exhibitions.
12. Ability to carry out physical, analogue or mathematical modelling of products or certain assemblies.
13. Ability to develop constructive product solutions and make necessary adjustments.
14. Ability to develop material cutting maps and other documents of rational material usage.
15. Ability to select materials, accessories or components required for the production of products, complete orders.
16. Ability to organize the development of the first product sample and necessary tests.
17. Ability to document and analyse the results of product design work, as well as necessary adjustment and harmonization of documents.
18. Ability to develop product manufacturing technological regimes and governing technological documentation.
19. Ability to organize the development of product industrial samples (series) and comprehensive tests thereof, including required testing of usage properties.
20. Ability to accept and execute orders and plan for product manufacture.
21. Ability to plan and predict product manufacturing (sales) costs, develop cost estimates and establish product pricing policy.
22. Ability to carry out author’s supervision during manufacturing, monitor compliance of the implementation with the project concept and safety requirements, aesthetic and technical qualities.
23. Ability to find, within one’s competence, the best solution to issues arising during the implementation of a product.
24. Ability to identify the optimal supplier, customer and subcontractor base and cooperate with them.
25. Ability to communicate in the official language and at least two foreign languages.
26. Ability to meet the requirements of employment relationship.
27. Ability to ensure compliance with the requirements of labour protection, fire safety and environmental protection.
28. Ability to utilize modern information technologies in one’s work.
29. Ability to observe professional ethics and copyright regulatory documents.
Manufacturing and processing (072)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood) (0722)Education
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial