European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
To acquire basic theoretical courses in the field of environmental science, which develop skills and abilities to independently use the theory and methods for solution of environmental problems, in order to perform scientific activity or professional functions of high qualification.
To give arguments about systematic issues of the environmental science;
– to integrate the knowledge from various fields, to contribute to creation of new knowledge.
To acquire professional specialization courses of the field, which provide the necessary abilities and skills;
– to perform independent research and summarize the results in the research paper in the field of environmental science and in the master paper;
– to perform internship tasks by proving the ability to integrate theoretical knowledge into the practical professional work and understand the ethical/moral responsibility for the possible influence of the scientific results or the professional activity on the environment and society.
A professional master in the field of environmental sciences will be able to:
– show the knowledge, which reflect modern environmental sciences, as well as managerial sciences, engineering sciences, the newest achievements in psychology and economics, which are applicable in the specialized professional fields and in solution of interdisciplinary sector problems in various professional spheres;
– and also development of personality (communication skills, ethics, creativity etc.;
– us the theory, methods and problem solution skills in order to perform scientific activity and professional functions of high quality;
– to express own opinion and discuss about complicated or systematic aspects of environmental science and the professional field with other experts and ordinary people;
– to independently organize improvement of own competencies and specialisation, to take responsibility for the results of the team work and analysis thereof, to perform business activities, innovations in the field of environmental science, to perform professional activities, research and further studies in complicated and unpredicted conditions as well as to modify them by using new approaches;
– to formulate and critically analyse sophisticated and professional problems by substantiating decisions;
– to integrate knowledge of various fields, to contribute to creation of new knowledge and development of research and professional methods,
– to understand the ethical/moral responsibility for the possible influence of the scientific results or the professional activity on the environment and society.
Engineering and engineering trades (071)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Environmental protection technology (0712)Education
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial