European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
Learning outcomes are formulated in accordance with the relevant occupational standard: Occupational standards register
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
1.1. basics of business;
1.2. consumer rights;
1.3. basics of record keeping;
1.4. work organization of a merchant;
1.5. basics of accounting.
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of understanding:
2.1. history of hairstyle and costume development;
2.2. science of colours and styles;
2.3. methods of creating visual image;
2.4. substantiation of image creation;
2.5. hair styling;
2.6. design of hair styles and composition;
2.7. occupational diseases and their causes;
2.8. classification of accidents and their causes
2.9. professional terms in the official language and one foreign language.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. technological processes of hairdresser’s works;
3.2. scheduling of sequence of technological process works;
3.3. technological schemes;
3.4. tools and equipment of a hairdresser;
3.5. types of professional hair cosmetics;
3.6. characteristics and usage of professional hair cosmetics;
3.7. professional skin care preparations;
3.8. anatomy and functions of human hair and skin;
3.9. skin, hair and nail diseases and prophylaxis;
3.10. epidemiological safety measures;
3.11. disinfectants and their usage;
3.12. head washing and massage processes;
3.13. wrapping hair on rollers;
3.14. hair styling;
3.15. hair cutting;
3.16. combining haircut schemes;
3.17. hair chemical treatment processes;
3.18. beard and moustache chemical treatment;
3.19. taking care and usage of decorative hair products;
3.20. hair extensions, braids and sewing the hair in;
2.21. morphological characteristics of human face;
3.22. drawing the human head and face;
3.23. usage of make-up;
3.24. first aid;
3.25. usage of information technology;
3.26. action in case of fire;
3.27. organization of the working environment;
3.28. customer oriented interaction;
3.29. official language;
3.30. one foreign language at the professional communication level;
3.31. labour protection;
3.32. fire protection, electrical safety and civil protection rules;
3.33. legal employment relationship;
3.34. environmental protection.
1. To determine the hair and skin type, structure and health condition as well as identify hair and skin damages and diseases.
2. To test the allergic reaction of the head skin before the chemical procedures.
3. To select, prepare and use disinfectants by following the usage instructions.
4. To select, clean, disinfect and sterilize instruments and use instruments and equipment in the working process.
5. To select appropriate professional hair cosmetics and follow the usage and storing arrangements.
6. To do various haircuts and haircut elements from hair of different lengths, use artistic elements and follow fashion tendencies.
7. To calculate and to proportion the amount of necessary hair cosmetics.
8. To prepare the customer for the procedure and to carry out the final works.
9. To wash the head and to massage the head skin, recommend hair care agents for usage at home.
10. To style the hair with a hairdryer: styling hair roots for doing a hair style, curling hair with a hairdryer, hair styling with a hairdryer and hands.
11. To wrap hair with hair rollers according to the schemes.
12. To style the hair after wrapping the rollers.
13. To draw hair styles, to read and prepare hair styling technological schemes.
14. To use different back combing methods.
15. To crimp and straighten the hair.
16. To cut and thin the hair.
17. To select and prepare the dye by using dye pallet.
18. To curl the hair.
19. To carry out the processes of hair chemical treatment – to pigment, dye, bleach, remove the dye.
20. To select and use the chemical substances for permanent waving and chemical straightening of hair.
21. To carry out hair recovering procedures.
22. To cut beard and moustache, shave head, beard and moustache.
23. To use hair decorative elements and products from natural and artificial hair, take care of hair.
24. To apply, braid and sew in hair extensions.
25. Follow the rules of work protection, fire protection and electrical safety.
26. To respect the consumer rights.
27. To provide the first aid.
28. To organize the working environment, carry out the epidemiological safety measures.
29. To observe the personal hygiene standards.
30. To observe the environmental protection laws and regulations and preserve the environment.
31. To use personal protective equipment.
32. To schedule and organize the work.
33. To find, select and use the information for ensuring working procedures.
34. To flexibly solve the problematic situations.
35. To work independently and within a team.
36. To be able to use the official language.
37. To use the professional terminology in the official language and in one foreign language.
38. To be able to use one foreign language at the communication level.
39. To observe the standards of the legal employment relationship.
1. Ability to organize and clean the working environment according to the process to be carried out, to schedule the sequencing of works of technological process by providing safe customer services during the time of all work processes.
2. Ability to carefully constitute and read the technological maps and schemes of hair dyeing, haircuts and hairstyling, understand the instructions and use the information obtained during the working process.
3. Ability to draw the technological schemes of hair dyeing, haircuts and hairstyling, carry out the work processes according to the schemes.
4. Ability to communicate and cooperate, create a positive interaction, solve problematic situations flexibly.
5. Ability to creatively recommend hairstyle transformation opportunities to the customer and consult him/her correctly about taking care of the haircut and grooming.
6. Ability to appropriately assess the condition of hair and skin health and determine signs of disease, distinguish types of disease, make decisions about an appropriate work process and usage of professional hair cosmetics.
7. Ability to thoroughly wash and massage the head by using appropriate professional hair care preparations and recommend hair care preparations for usage at home.
8. Ability to make various haircuts for different hair lengths by choosing and using appropriate materials and working technologies as well as by following fashion tendencies.
9. Ability to do different types of curling and haircuts with curling elements.
10. Ability to precisely cut and thin hair according to schemes and by using appropriate technologies.
11. Ability to shave head, shave and cut beard and mustache by creating different forms which fit the morphological characteristics of customer’s face and by using appropriate technologies and professional skin care cosmetics.
12. Ability to precisely prepare and carry out the chemical processing of hair by following instructions and using appropriate technologies.
13. Ability to creatively use products and ornaments from the cut hair and its replacements of different complexity, take care of the hair.
14. Ability to follow the rules of work protection, electrical safety and fire protection in the working environment. Upon necessity to react appropriately, as well as provide the first aid, choose and use safe working methods.
15. Ability to select the appropriate tools and equipment, workwear and personal protective equipment for the work to be carried out.
16. Ability to precisely select and use the disinfectants according to the instructions and epidemiological safety requirements.
17. Ability to select appropriate professional hair cosmetics and precisely follow the usage instructions.
18. Ability to follow the environmental protection requirements and carry out the work duties without harming the environment.
19. Ability to improve the qualification by following the development of the field and labour-market demand by regularly studying the latest materials, instruments, technologies and working methods,
20. Ability to communicate in the official language and one foreign language.
21. Ability to guarantee observance of the standards of the legal employment relations.
Personal services (101)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Hair and beauty (1012)Education
Secondary educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial