European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
Learning outcomes are formulated in accordance with the relevant occupational standard: Occupational standards register
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
1.1. novelties in make-up art;
1.2. chemical and physical properties of the make-up material;
1.3. possible side effects of the cosmetic preparations and allergic reactions of the skin;
1.4. basic principles of communication.
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of understanding:
2.1. basic principles of make-up creation;
2.2. face morphology;
2.3. science of colours;
2.4. individual types of skin colour;
2.5. skin functions;
2.6. professional terms in the official language and one foreign language.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. types and technologies of make-up;
3.2. make-up instruments and tools;
3.3. make-up styles;
3.4. current make-up fashion trends;
3.5. make-up designing;
3.6. eyebrow shapes and correction;
3.7. types and features of make-up and conditioning cosmetics;
3.8. usage of make-up, conditioning cosmetics and materials of special effects;
3.9. types of workplace lighting;
3.10. principles of creating conversation;
3.11. official language;
3.12. one foreign language at the communication level;
3.13. labour protection;
3.14. types of workplace ergonomics;
3.15. first aid;
3.16. environmental protection;
3.17. information technology;
3.18. principles of the professional and general ethics;
3.19. methods of calculating service costs;
3.21. legal employment relationship.
1. To select the make-up and conditioning cosmetics according to the customer needs, style, financial abilities and skin condition.
2. To analyse the face proportions and features of the customer.
3. To use basics of composition in the make-up creation.
4. To prepare the make-up sketches.
5. To select the technology for applying make-up.
6. To use the most appropriate make-up and conditioning cosmetics, instruments and materials.
7. To discuss the make-up ideas and necessary face corrections with the customer.
8. To prepare the face for applying make-up.
9. To perform eyebrow shaping.
10. To calculate the costs of make-up creation and determine the price.
11. To use information technologies for carrying out the professional activities.
12. To organize the working place for make-up creation.
13. To meet the requirements of the labour protection laws and regulations.
14. To observe the requirements of the environmental protection laws and regulations.
15. To be able to use the official language.
16. To use one foreign language at the professional communication level.
17. To use the professional terminology in the official language and in one foreign language.
18. To provide the first aid.
19. To work independently and take responsibility for the results of the work.
20. To follow the principles of professional and general ethics.
21. To observe the standards of the legal employment relationship.
1. Ability to assess the character and face skin type of a customer.
2. Ability to creatively consult the customer about choosing make-up and face correction issues by using knowledge in fashion history, topical tendencies and creating positive interaction.
3. Ability to accept an order of a customer, distribute an estimate of service costs and process the necessary documentation.
4. Ability to sketch a make-up.
5. Ability to prepare the customer’s face for applying make-up.
6. Ability to select the most appropriate products, technologies and materials for applying make-up.
7. Ability to create various make-ups and use materials of special effects according to the customer needs.
8. Ability to match the make-up to the chosen costume.
9. Ability to follow the current make-up fashion tendencies by using different information sources.
10. Ability to cooperate in the order execution with other specialists.
11. Ability to meet the requirements of labour protection laws and regulations, carry out the work duties without harming health of your own, customers or other persons.
12. Ability to meet the requirements of the environmental protection laws and regulations and carry out the work duties without harming the environment.
13. Ability to communicate in the official language and one foreign language.
14. Ability to provide the first aid.
15. Ability to use professional terminology.
16. Ability to work independently and take responsibility for the results of your work.
17. Ability to follow the professional and general ethical principles.
18. Ability to observe the standards of the legal employment relationship.
Personal services (101)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Hair and beauty (1012)Education
Basic educationQualification type
Vocational (continuing education)Full or partial