European Qualifications Framework (EQF) has 8 levels (1 – the lowest, 8 – the highest).
Levels reflect the complexity level of acquired knowledge, skills and competences (learning outcomes).
Go to the Glossary section
– complete courses in general studies amounting to 20 credit points, providing a broad understanding of theoretical and professional maritime courses;
– complete courses in port management theoretical and professional studies amounting to 116 credit points, including studies abroad and/or studies in a partnership institution of higher education in Latvia amounting to not less than 40 credit points;
– take elective courses amounting to 6 credit points;
– enhance professional competence and skills apprenticeship and training amounting to 28 credit points;
– on completion of the Programme students are required to write and defend a diploma paper, which amounts to 12 credit points.
Transport services (104)Detailed field: (ISCED 2013)
Transport services (1041)Education
Higher educationQualification type
VocationalFull or partial
Period for issuing qualification: 2013-2019
Last changes: 27.12.2018